Monday, March 21, 2011

Nokia 1.0 F60

Hello, all. I'm delighted to announce my newest Flash Lite project for Nokia smartphones. Today I've started working on a new "custom firmware" written in ActionScript and XML. It runs as a standalone swf file, and no flashing or hacking is needed.

We've created many of these shells before. Sphere OS, S4 Lite, etc. But this time we're going to take it more seriously. We'll try recreating Symbian OS v5 in Flash Lite a long with a bunch of new features Nokia doesn't offer. Our previous shells didn't provide enough functionality to replace the Symbian OS, but we hope F60 will be a break-thru.

Here are some of the special features you may expect:
  • Smilies in SMS
  • Better contacts
  • Smoother UI animations
  • Faster loading times
Meh.. This is my first post, but let's hope it won't be the last one. I'll try keeping this up to date whenever I worked on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment