Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Continuing F60.

 

Hey guys I'm glad to talk to you again. Well, for those who think I'm dead, I'm not, lol. In fact I worked on the old F60 recently. You might remember it.

The Android project was getting very heavy and things were getting more unstable as it got bigger. I decided pulling out the plug because the phone ins't able to handle all these nifty features bundled in Android 4.0.

You can still find the latest build on Github if you really want to have it in your collection.
I think the original F60 project made more sense as it was supposed to bring new features to your "old" S60 device.

Changelog:
  • Re-written from scratch with the same technologies I used for Android 4
  • Removed all unnecessarily animations
    - Faster opening of applications
    - Less CPU intensive
    - No delay when switching to different menus
  • GUI has been slightly redesigned
  • Faster booting time due to WLAN bypass on startup
  • Original Nokia wallpaper
  • Real kinetic scrolling (same as my Android code)
  • Analog clock has been added
  • Supports landscape and portrait mode
Download:

Nope, not yet previous version can be found here.

2 comments:

  1. you still there!!
    good luck whit the project :) (less words mean less mistakes, my english sucks XD )
    ismael

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how to use it, because my phone data don't appears using it. Menu doesn't work, contacts doesn't work (I can create new, but my saved contacts don't appear), etc.

    How can I make this work??

    ReplyDelete